CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Glory

First off, thank you International House of Prayer in Kansas City for letting us party in the glory and wine until midnight! Thank you for your willingness to be forerunners and to raise up gifted musicians and singers to minister to the Lord. I haven't danced that much in my life. Thank you for the best Holy Ghost party I have been to yet. ;)

And second, Thank you New Mexico for your absolutely beautiful weather and beautiful people. Thank you for your Keva juice and your boba tea. Thank you for the casita and "roof time". Thank you for most amazing laid back fun people! And thank you for your guarantee of 0% humidity all of the time. There is such a place and ache in my heart for you since we have left your desert terrain.

Needless to say vacation was so refreshing and just plain GOOD, but I didn't want to blog about that. I just wanted to blog about something that's been on my heart lately. I have been in a "dry and weary land without water" kind of season. And I have been trying to spend time with Him...trying, sometimes not succeeding. I go to work 40 hours a week which leaves me about 23 hours to myself for the entire week to get things done (not counting the weekends). In total that's not even one whole day! I'm struggling finding the time to work full time, spend QUALITY time with Jesus, work out and take care of myself, have a social life,serving at our church, and keeping a clean house. I keep trying to figure out a formula to make it all happen (without having to get up at 5 every morning to get everything done!)

Well Before work the other morning I got up, grabbed my bible from off my night stand, threw a blanket around myself and went out and sat on the couch, determined to just get some of Him before the busy day started. As I sat there, I struggled. Should I pray? Should I read the word? Maybe I should pray for the day I thought, maybe I should pray for my co-workers...no I'll read the word. So I picked up my Bible and started reading in Psalms. And all of a sudden, ever so small, was an impression from the Holy Spirit, "put down your bible and just be with me"
At first I though I am being with You, I'm reading your word!! But it was like a still small voice, so I laid my Bible down on the coffee table and just sat there. I didn't pray, I didn't talk, I just sat there and thought about the Lord, I let my affections turn toward Him. It was like this peace entered the room, the peace I had been looking for so frantically. It came when I just rested in Him. I didn't have to "do" I just had to "be". Jesus is not a formula. He is wisdom. And wisdom is not having the same solution for every problem, wisdom is not having a formula. Wisdom is knowing what is right depending on the situation.

He is teaching me lately that His presence, the very person of who He is, is the most important thing and should be the most valuable thing to me in this life. So if I don't get the laundry done, or I didn't get a chance to go for that run, or I choose to stay home for sometime to myself instead of going out, or if I even have to say to serving at an event one day as long as I have His presence that is the most important thing, and if I have that then I am RICH, then I win.

0 comments: