CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 21, 2010

Mood: HAPPY!



I love the start of summer! Warm days but the nights are still cold...mmm. perfect. Today I had all the windows down in my car, music loud, and sunglasses on. Today I had all the windows in my house open, breeze blowing through, fresh flowers on the table. Did I mention I love summer? So yesterday Matt and I took ourselves to Barnes and Noble and I got myself an aphrodisiac cookbook. yeah that's right. Recipes that are supposed to keep you hungry even after the meal is over- lol, I'm married now so I'm aloud to talk about this stuff ;) I'm SO excited to try some recipes out. Some seem like they came right out of the book of Song of Solomon. Anyways, this find has been one of the highlights of my week, so I had to share even if you didn't really want to know ;)

Something that was fun this past week was going to a nice bar/grill in the south wedge part of the city. It was a networking event for Matt's company, and since he is the chairman of the networking club (surprise, surprise)I had to go to show my support. It actually turned out to be a TON of fun and then we hit up the Rochester Rhino's soccer game afterward.

Tomorrow we are headed to the Lilac Festival and spending the rest of the weekend getting ready for our vacation coming up! This coming Thursday we leave for Kansas City and will be there a few days before we fly out to Albuquerque, NM. I could not be more excited to go. We will be visiting IHOP in Kansas city and be there for the awakening services that are happening right now. I am SO ready for some fire, rain, and glory!! and I would never consider myself a planner but I have LOVED planning this vacation to New Mexico. We are staying in a beautiful Casita right at the base of the Sandia mountains, taking the train to Sante Fae for a day, horseback riding, and visiting the White Sands National Park/monument which I guess is supposed to be BEAUTIFUL!! ...not too shabby. and Thank you Jesus for creating REST. If you can't relax or rest then you have a problem because God wants us to live and move in rest! neat concept eh?

So as I am growing in my marriage, growing in age, growing up as a woman, I am finding that I really like fresh flowers, scented candles all around the house(the BIG ones), plants, interior decorations, kitchen appliances, and nationalgeographic.com. Rochester needs to get an IKEA. oh, and I love our deck :)

So this is late night ramble. I will let you know how some of those receipts turn out....but don't worry I will spare you most of the details ;)

1 comments:

above all else: Love said...

love this post. I recently found out I am excited about tile flooring- hah growing up. ENJOY THE TRIP!!